[referencer] SPIRES interface and tag-suggestion

sebastian guttenberg guttenb at inp.demokritos.gr
Fri Nov 2 07:40:07 EDT 2007

>  Currently papers with arxiv
> eprint numbers are getting looked up on citebase[1] by referencer,
> is the SPIREs server likely to provide more/different information?
> Sebastian's original issue was that volume/number fields weren't
> being provided but I've since fixed that with the citebase code.

Just a very small thing. BiBTeX-entries from SPIRES have this additional
"SLACcitation"-field. This simplifies the counting of citations for
SPIRES, so most of the people in high-energy physics have it included in
their references. In addition, the generated label for the references is
different. In principle that does not matter, but as I have already a
huge number of references from SPIRES, it would be a bit confusing to
change to a different source for my references, with different labeling.
Last but not least, SPIRES offers now a feature to automatically update
BiBTeX-files. (If the Bibtex-file was generated when the article did not
yet appear in a journal but just in the arxive, then later it is
necessary to update this information).

believed to be clean.