No subject

Sat Mar 14 01:10:50 EDT 2009

a few of the spots that need "finishing" and I was able to get the latest
version of the renderer code from 'im.  I am not a skilled coder which is
why I am trying to gauge interest in this.

I do admit that part of my motivation is to use MD4 support in an existing
Q3 project/mod, but I'd rather see something that can be easily integrated
in ioq3 for everyone to use.  Most of the artists I've talked to have
ragged on Q3 and MD3 for lack of skeletal animation support.  Since
everyone and their mother seems to be using ioq3 as the basis for turning
Q3 mods into standalone projects, it seems only logical that any type of
skeletal animation support be provided to work seamlessly with ioq3 as a
patch.

The best part of MD4 as far as I can tell is the extra support for the
artists' tools.  The 3dmax exporters and apparently the MD4 importer also
has preliminary support for HL and HL2 animation files.

Yes, I know that Xreal has support for MD5 and that kind of fun stuff.  I
haven't really pursued that avenue, yet.  I figured if there were no
interest whatsoever in MD4, I could pursue that route instead.

If anyone is interested, I will provide what help I can, copies of my
correspondence with Gongo, the latest code I have access to, someone able
to create HL art assets to test the MD4 importer, etc.

Thanks for your time!

Monk
www.rq3.com