[quake3] Quake 3 Raytracing Patch

Stephan Reiter stephan.reiter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:31:03 EST 2008

You know, the fact that the source code for Daniel Pohl's project is still
not available after all these years was one of the reasons why I considered
donating my work to the ioquake3 project. I simply hope that some people
pick it up and continue development because there's still so much to do,
more than a single person can handle! I don't want my diploma thesis to just
leave some screenshots and a long text behind. I want it to have a future
and I want it to be useful for others, who might be interested in learning
this stuff.

I was also working on a "level viewer" like Daniel Pohl (see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F31kVvyx1Fw), but that can hardly be
considered a game. It's more useful for benchmarking of raw ray tracing
performance Now, ioquake3 on the other hand can be used to assess the
quality of a raytracer when it comes to real world gaming environments.

Stephan