[quake3] Linux Binaries Broken

Ben Noordhuis bnoordhuis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 03:37:54 EST 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 5:31 AM, EscapedTurkey <escapedturkey at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Linux binaries from the ioquake3.org site for some reason aren't
>  compiled correctly for libcurl. The url (http) redirect doesn't work. I
>  know this because it works fine for OpenArena and UrbanTerror. I've
>  tested it for all 3.

I think this has already been fixed in SVN, see:

http://svn.icculus.org/quake3?view=rev&revision=1265
http://svn.icculus.org/quake3?view=rev&revision=1266
http://svn.icculus.org/quake3?view=rev&revision=1267

Is it perhaps time for a feature freeze, two to four weeks to iron out
the show stopping bugs, and then a new point-release? 1.34 is based on
rev. 892 and we're at 1270 now. Note that rev. 892 dates from August
or September 2006.