[quake3] Rendering System..

Stephan Reiter stephan.reiter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 04:16:36 EDT 2008

> On the other hand it would be cool to have a map format that does not
require pre-processing like BSP space-partitioning.

Hmm, I think that'd be something for me, because in the raytracing patch
we're already building a very optimized acceleration structure similar to
the BSP in a few seconds at load time. It's a kd-tree: splitting planes are
axis aligned, which makes it a special form of a BSP.

In radiant there's the option to build a low-quality bsp for
"map-debugging". Does anyone know if that sets a flag in the map header we
could react to and build a BSP at runtime? Any other ideas?

Stephan