[quake3] Videos not found :[

Tig tigger at lvlworld.com
Sun Sep 16 05:38:56 EDT 2007

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 07:19:37AM +0200, Erik Kloppenburg wrote:
> Tig wrote:
> >can't find video's.
>
> ioq3 has changed the default homepath (where ioq3 writes stuff) from the
> basepath (where ioq3 is installed) to the <appdata> dir (usually
> C:\Documents and Settings\<yourUserName>\Application Data\Quake3), which
> is hidden by default in windows. It allows multiple user system setups
> to have their own configs/maps/videos etc. If you want to change it,
> make a shortcut to ioq3.exe and add ' +set fs_homepath e:\ioquake' to
> the target field.

Oh my goodness! That video feature is very nice (now that I've found
the outputs). Sure makes things a lot easier.

Just a quick note on the user path. I think 'ioquake3' instead of
'Quake3' as the final location makes more sense.

Also, to be more consistant with other games (under windows) as you have
decided to change the layout, to use "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My
Games\" instead of %APPDATA%

Thanks for the  +set fs_homepath tip, added to my batch files.

-Tig