[quake3] SVN_1173 fails to compile

Tony J. White tjw at webteam.net
Mon Sep 10 14:35:16 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 06:54:41PM +0200, vincent at cojot.name wrote:

> Fails on Solaris with:
>
> CC code/jpeg-6/jerror.c
> In file included from code/jpeg-6/../renderer/tr_local.h:31,
>                  from code/jpeg-6/jerror.c:16:
> code/jpeg-6/../renderer/qgl.h:31: error: syntax error before
> "qglMultiTexCoord2fARB"
> code/jpeg-6/../renderer/qgl.h:31: warning: type defaults to `int' in
> declaration of `qglMultiTexCoord2fARB'

This is due to broken/incomplete OpenGL headers on your system.  I've heard the
Solaris lacks a GL/glext.h header.  If this is the case, then SDL is using
a built-in glext.h file from http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/

The SDL-provided header has all the necessary symbols, but they are only
defined if your GL/gl.h file does NOT do something silly like:

#define GL_ARB_multitexture

Unfortuantely, there is nothing we can do from ioquake3 to detect this breakage.
The only option would be to include full OpenGL headers in the ioquake3 SVN for
use with broken systems which may happen.

In the mean time, check your gl.h file for that define and try commenting it
out.

-Tony