[quake3] Re: BUG: netchan queue is not properly initialized

dyn dynborg at vogonhq.com
Sun Nov 18 13:21:49 EST 2007

I don't know why it happens and i am not feeling like fixing Q3
network protocol. This is something id Software should do in first
place since quake 3 is really unreliable when you go over 32 clients,
even more, without allocating more memory/pool size it crashes a lot
of times.

I provided one solution by ignoring CS_ZOMBIES which are all recently
disconnected clients and another by removing 'bad' clients instead of
just crashing for every little error. I was hoping some of you may
investigate this problem and maybe use my workarounds until network
code is fixed. I  really have no time now for this. Emails i sent in
past few days are pretty much all i can contribute for now, because of
other projects going on.

On 11/18/07, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel at suse.de> wrote:
> dyn wrote:
> > Alternative patch or workaround, immune to potential errors which
> > occur when clients or bots join too fast when queue is not properly
> > initialized:
>
> I have no insight of the network code but why is the queue not
> properly initialized in the first place? To me it sounds like the
> source of the problem should be fixed rather than a symptom.
> I'd recommend to file a bug report.
>
> The patches you include are line wrapped btw, they won't apply.
>
> cu
> Ludwig
>
> --
>  (o_   Ludwig Nussel
>  //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development
>  V_/_  http://www.suse.de/
>

> ---

dyn
http://vogonhq.com/