[quake3] Re: non-cheatable game

monk at rq3.com monk at rq3.com
Wed May 16 16:27:17 EDT 2007

It's been a while since I looked at the cluster-f*** that is the GPL, but
I believe there are flexible terms in offering the source.  It could be
that the source is in the downloadable binary, i.e. a separate src.zip or
something that's there once you install.

Or they have it on a different download site.  Hell, GPL specifies you can
offer the source if you want in a way where people have to mail you for it
and you have to physically mail them the source on media.

So just because there's not a discrete download link for the source
doesn't mean they are in GPL violation.  I haven't yet checked out the
downloadable package but since you mention no source on their SITE, I'm
guessing you haven't either and haven't checked the binary download.

I'd check there for the source if you haven't already.  Otherwise, well,
see if anyone attached with UrT can clarify the situation for you.

Monk.