[quake3] Compiling ioquake3 with g++

Chris Bunting expressvps at verizon.net
Wed May 16 16:17:57 EDT 2007

Hello,

There is a C++ and .NET Version of Quake 2 on the net somewhere. There is
also infomation about Microsofts new Visual C++ Express Codename Orca that
also mentions the .Net version as the new Express developer tools and
supposed to make game building easier. However, the C++ 10 Express will not
compile regular quake source code as the header files are not the same as
Express 2005.

There is a lot of information about Quake, Quake 2 and Quake 3 but you'll
not find much on any quake sites. You need to find the released code and
thesis papers about quake through google like the multithreaded q3 engine
and so on.

Chris