[quake3] Re: non-cheatable game

Zachary Slater zakk at timedoctor.org
Tue May 15 15:34:15 EDT 2007

David Jackson wrote:

> I think your response went bad right at "get over it", which is not an
> argument.
>
> It's a software engineering problem, which requires innovation and
> "thinking outside of the box".  It is entirely possible, but it begs the
> question of whether or not it's worth it.
>
> Stop trying to be insulting.

Thank you, Tom Cruise/David Jackson:
You don't know the history of cheating like I do!

Also, you can never prevent someone from replacing their input devices
with a camera pointed at the screen, scraping out the image and
autoaiming with fake keyboard/mouse signals. It has never been and will
never be the intention of this project to get into an anti-cheat war.
--
- Zachary J. Slater
zakk at timedoctor.org
zacharyslater at gmail.com