[quake3] Re: Auto Downloads

Dirk noisyb at gmx.net
Tue Jul 24 04:26:35 EDT 2007

mister fork wrote:
> if people are good enough to find ioquake3,

but 08/15 users are also people(!)... and they still use dual boot to
play quake3 because they failed to put ioquake3 and the content of their
original together... let alone download mods or maps...

i recommend you try Open Arena.. go to the two or three excessive plus
servers there and spectate how many people fail to get stuff downloaded...

> they will also read some help
> files.

08/15 users don't read help files... they rather click on buttons until
something works or they leave it...

>( Maybe someone can add the info to enable auto downloads to
> http://ioquake3.org/?page=help ) and mod devs can do what they want

yeah right... the url could be shown in the client with a remark to
catch pen and paper instead of a small dialog that asks "Should this be
downloaded?" ... :)