[quake3] changing the default value for cl_allowDownload to make people play other/newer maps

LinuxManMikeC linuxmanmikec at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 19:34:30 EDT 2007

I would not have it ignore UDP downloads by default.  An admin might
not have an HTTP/FTP server available, so then no one would be able to
connect unless they already had the map.  At least when the client
accepts the UDP download it leaves the user a choice to download or go
elsewhere.  Other than that, I agree with you.  The client should
accept downloads by default and default to trying HTTP/FTP downloads
first.  Now we must plead with admins to get nice fast HTTP/FTP
servers. :-)  Not really that hard to get one really, even a free one.