[quake3] Domain name

Matthew R. Dempsky mrd at alkemio.org
Sat Oct 14 22:30:57 EDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 06:22:07PM +0200, Erik Kloppenburg wrote:
> Well, it makes it more clear that it's not "Icculus Quake 3", but a
> product of it own :)

If the point is to distance the project from icculus.org, why stick
with the name ``ioquake3''?  Will the ``io'' prefix be retconned to
mean for something else?

> Having your own domain just adds some to your status imho.

If you say so.  I doubt anyone is more likely to use the software if
they can download it from ioquake3.org instead of icculus.org/quake3.

That said, I am really indifferent.  It's not my money.  ;-)