[quake3] Domain name

Erik Kloppenburg kloppenburg at snt.utwente.nl
Sat Oct 14 22:56:54 EDT 2006

Matthew R. Dempsky wrote:
> If the point is to distance the project from icculus.org, why stick
> with the name ``ioquake3''?  Will the ``io'' prefix be retconned to
> mean for something else?

Good point. Another name might be nicer. But then everything has to be
renamed again ;) Dunno how ioquake3-devs feel about that.

I didnt like the freequake-idea cause it gives the false assumption that
you can get full quake3 for free on the site. Openquake might be a
little confusing with openarena, but I like it a lot :)

I do realise Im not a dev, so I have nothing to say in this matter. I
hope it's okay to give my opinion though.