[quake3] Mp3 support patch

Zachary J. Slater zakk at timedoctor.org
Wed Oct 4 16:42:12 EDT 2006

Thilo,
If you really feel that the code is solid, and won't change much, apply
it to the trunk, but not the rc branch. I have no qualms about mp3
decoding support being bad (I was never concerned about patents) at this
point, neither Tim nor Ludwig have voiced opinions for or against (I'd
like one or both of them to do so).

About mp3 for this project in general.
I don't feel great about it, I'd rather just stick with ogg vorbis, but
if it attracts more developers to the project, and projects using it
like Tremulous and other mods turned stand-alone...

--
- Zachary J. Slater
zakk at timedoctor.org
zacharyslater at gmail.com