Long uptime bug and other suggestions

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Tue Nov 28 04:34:35 EST 2006

Thilo Schulz wrote:
 > with ioquake3, as far as I know, the choppy bug should not appear at all
 > unless ran over a much more extensive period.

Actually this is still an issue. If you run a *single map* without any
changes for a long period of time the choppiness returns. As I recall
this would be difficult (impossible?) to fix without client side
changes. As this is a somewhat extreme use case nobody bothered
addressing this particular issue.

The much more serious choppiness bug that occurs regardless of the
number of map changes is definitely fixed and has been for some time.
This shouldn't appear regardless of the length of time the server is run
for.

After some time (22 days I think) the server will actually restart
itself anyway, as a lame kind of way of handling timestamp overflows.