[quake3] Intel Mac Services

Scott Harper orcein at gmail.com
Wed May 17 17:04:51 EDT 2006

> Yes, it appears to be a bug in the OpenAL framework that shipped in
> 10.4.6.
> Possibly just the Intel version?  I don't seem to run into this on
> my PPC.
>
> http://opensource.creative.com/pipermail/openal-devel/2006-April/
> 004250.html
>
> According to that post it is fixed in the OpenAL CVS.

And it may well be for all I know... >.<  Sorry...  Let me back up.
I went to OpenAL.org, used svn, grabbed the latest code (of
EVERYTHING), and there's no simple, clean-cut build setup for that.
There are simply three directories: "branches", "tags", and "trunk".
There's no makefile in these, either.  Just more directories.
There's the occasional one with macosx in its name, and even some
XCode project files.  I've build about all the ones I can find, and
copied the resulting framework to the /Library/Frameworks/
directory.  None solve the crash, though SOME cause it to happen
sooner, assuming the location to which I'm copying is actually
getting it to use the proper framework.

Anyone know how I should be going about building the OpenAL framework?

--Scott