[quake3] Rendering nothing

Sam Noble sam at laclinux.com
Thu Mar 9 19:56:16 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 11:28 -0800, Zachary J. Slater wrote:
> Neil Toronto wrote:
> > Alrighty, it was the garbage graphics card. *sigh* I'll try software
> > rendering.
> >
> > Still, I'd like to see this working even on the laptop.
> >
> > Neil
> >
> > Neil Toronto wrote:
> >

> I /think/ I had this working on my intel 855 GM chipset on my old thinkpad.

The game runs fine on intel cards.

Do you have drm setup and working right?

$ glxinfo |grep direct
direct rendering: Yes

If not it's often caused by the drm module loading before the agp
modules. Try creating in /etc/modprobe.d/ that contains the line:

install i915 /sbin/modprobe intel-agp; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install i915

replace i915 with the correct drm module for your system, (i810, i830,
i915)

And then force those modules to load at boot by adding a line
to /etc/modules with the drm module's name.

# echo i915 >> /etc/modules