[quake3] icculus quake 3 very dark

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Mon Jun 12 00:20:24 EDT 2006

On Jun 11, 2006, at 17:37, Zachary J. Slater wrote:

> Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
>> I guess that I need to get another video graphics accelerator card
>> that
>> will work with my Fedora 5 Xgl & Compiz.
>>
>> Does anyone have a good suggestion for the kind of card that I
>> should get?
>>
>> I've heard that ATI cards are good but have never used them and
>> especially not with Linux Fedora.
>>
> Please do not buy an ati card, they run incredibly poorly in linux.
>
> --
> - Zachary J. Slater
> zakk at timedoctor.org
> zacharyslater at gmail.com

In addition, pay close attention to the drivers available for the
platforms you care about BEFORE you buy  video card.
The fact of life is this: consoles are first, Windows Pc are second,
Macs are third, and Linux is last.
So you need to be very, very selective when you buy a GFX card you
intend to use under Linux or suffer through the agony and neglect of
using a 'niche market' platform.

Daniel

"I have never won a debate with an ignorant person."
-Ali ibn Abi Talib