Mac OS X Univeral Binary

Tony J. White tjw at webteam.net
Tue Jun 6 00:09:11 EDT 2006

I've been working on adding a universal binary script:

http://tjw.org/ioquake3-ub/

Unfortunately I have no means to test anything other than 10.4 ppc. Can
someone with 10.2, 10.3, and/or an intel mac test the .dmg there?

I used the fatbuild.sh script from SDL's svn version to add the
compiler/linker flags so in theory, this should work on all versions of
ppc OS X back to 10.2 as well as the intel macs.

Details:
* to be compatible with pre-10.4, the ppc version is linked to an
  included libopenal.dylib
* libopenal.dylib is the official one taken from the installer on the
  http://www.openal.org site
* libopenal.dylib is only used for the ppc portion of the binary. The i386
  version uses the framework.
* libSDL-1.2.0.dylib is built from 20060605 SVN of SDL. It contains both ppc
  and i386 versions of the library as it is built with the fatbuild.sh script.
* the patch adds a shell script make-macosx-ub.sh which can be run to create
  the universal binary from either a ppc or i386 host.
* if make is run it should still function the same as before
* I hacked in "./" to fs_searchpaths on MACOS_X so mac users can simply
  copy the .app next to a valid baseq3 folder and run it instead of having
  to copy it into the package contents.
* I forgot to add a note about http://icculus.org/quake3/?page=getdata in
  the ReadMe :(

-Tony