PPC Mac OpenAL woes

ewe2 ewetoo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 13:12:17 EDT 2006

Tested 816 and am still having OpenAL issues. There is definitely a
timing problem of some sort but I have no other Mac to compare this
behaviour with. Latest wrinkle is that rockets sound like their wav is
compounded many times. I'm seriously wondering whether an iBook G4 can
run this thing cleanly.

Latest gdb output:

^1ERROR: while buffering data for music stream - Invalid value
^3Restarted OpenAL music
^1ERROR: while buffering data for music stream - Unknown error

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000000
S_CodecReadStream (stream=0x0, bytes=4096, buffer=0x596fbc) at
code/client/snd_codec.c:184
184             return stream->codec->read(stream, bytes, buffer);

--
Emacs vs. Vi flamewars are a pointless waste of time. Vi is the best