[quake3] Re: md4 skeletal model format

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Fri Jan 27 12:53:10 EST 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 18:32, Tim Stowell wrote:
> That makes sense. I guess I'm a bit confused, as I thought the model format
> itself was the same as that used by the EliteForce models, and that to use
> the skeletal model system at all required a change to cgame.

I am quite sure that the most significant changes are limited to the loading
of the models themselves. Other areas, like doing the animations don't need
many changes.
Like the original md3 format the md4 format uses frames. In MD4 it's the
position of each bone that is saved.
The current frame number is stored in the backend.currentEntity->e structure
of the renderer. It is up to the cgame to select which frame is to be played
at the moment.

--
Thilo Schulz