Misc console messages

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Wed Jan 25 18:40:18 EST 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:40:14 -0600 Ryan wrote:
> Just browsing through it and noticed some things...

I assume this is Windows, compiled with MinGW?

> ...detecting CPU, found generic (really is a Athlon64 3200+ (2ghz)
> http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=66788 )

The CPU detection code uses a load of intel syntax inline asm. It's a
waste of time porting it since Q3 does no (runtime) CPU specific
optimisation.

> Joystick is not active. (is there anyway I can disable the joystick? I
> thought there used to be a command line option? +set in_joystick 0 ?)

Uh.. maybe. It's just a message :).

> ...WGL_3DFX_gamma_control not found (can I disable that in the .cfg?)

Probably not, but again, it's just informational.. it's doing no harm.

> Failed to load library: "OpenAL32.dll". (is it supposed to be like
> that?  I have working sound...)

That means OpenAL failed to load, which implies you don't have it
installed, or (for whatever reason) your OpenAL lib is inaccesible to
Q3. If OpenAL fails to load ioq3 falls back on the base sound system.
You can see which sound system you're using via the value of s_backend
and/or the output of \s_info.