[quake3] vm vs. compiled vs. native...

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 05:20:15 EST 2006

> Can someone please verify that the game .dll (or .so, etc) is actually
> working? If I run the game with:
>
> ./ioquake3.whatever +set vm_ui 0
>
> Then on the main menu, running the "vminfo" console command will report
> that the UI module is "native" but if I then load the single player
> game, "vminfo" says it's interpreted. I just saw this on the Intel Mac,
> but I recall this happening on Linux, too. Am I doing something wrong,
> or did we break (re)loading of native libraries?

Started tty console (use +set ttycon 0 to disable)
]\vminfo
Registered virtual machines:
ui : native

]\vminfo
Registered virtual machines:
qagame : compiled on load
    code length : 1137840
    table length:  586688
    data length : 2097152
ui : compiled on load
    code length :  594408
    table length:  319976
    data length : 1048576
cgame : compiled on load
    code length :  786818
    table length:  399612
    data length : 4194304
Crash^7 entered the game

--
  greetz, marc
Repent? We have less than an arn. I was a Dominar. It'd take me longer