gpl anticheater

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Sun Sep 4 22:01:04 EDT 2005

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:34:32 -0400 tom wrote:
> > At least, not if you dynamically load the
> > library at runtime as Q3 does with libGL. Right?
>
> Dynamic loading really obscures the issue... I'm not sure...

I guess the other obscurity with libGL in particular is that the legal
status of the installed libGL is not even KNOWN to a GPLed program, so
if it is the case that linking against it (in whatever fashion) is not
legal, then the onus is really on the end user to decide what is right
and wrong since they choose which libGL they use.

The GPL is great in spirit, but sometimes it can be a real pain in the
ass.