[quake3] gpl anticheater

Ian Kumlien pomac at vapor.com
Sun Sep 4 20:05:50 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 12:46 -0700, Zachary J. Slater wrote:
> I personally don't think any GPL punkbuster style program would be
> effective, though I would certainly welcome people to try.

I totally agree, since all binaries would change size and md5 etc...
It's really unlucky, but i doubt that there is a way around it.. =P

F.ex. UT99 relied on server forcing md5 checks and sedning data to the
client. Bunkbuster relies on even more magic but anything opensource can
easily be hacked unless we make some way of compiling in sourcefile
md5's that can't be changed etc =)
(Just ignore me, i have a fever =))

--
Ian Kumlien <pomac () vapor ! com> -- http://pomac.netswarm.net