[quake3] quake3 on Solaris x86

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Mon Oct 31 09:21:40 EST 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, darkshark atnight wrote:

>  Are you sparc based though ?  I can do either, but me laptop is running
> solaris so I'm trying for an x86 port.  I'd like to help in the sparc
> bits too though.  Have access to some sparc U80's.

I'm mostly sparc based but I am trying to keep my bits arch-neutral. If
you have a working NVidia + Solaris setup, that's interesting as you will
be able to test the bits I won't (I don't have a PC with NVidia graphics
running Solaris at this time, they all run Linux).

>  You mean the vm_86.c ?  It compiles and links.
>  I have some changes to the sources - though its mainly adding __sun__ to
>  ifdef's  I'm trying not to change the actual code in most places.

Ok, check the recent checkouts, you shouldn't need to add any new #ifdef..
Tell me if I broke something.. I'm having a lot of trouble with LCC on
sparc at this time so if it works fine on i386, that's a good sign.
Oh and btw, I thought it was recommended by SUN to use "__sun", not "__sun__".

>> For the record, the solaris_qgl.c and solaris_glimp.c from ioq2 originally
>> came from the SUN Quake2 porting team and I kept trying to adapt/maintain
>> them in ioq2.
>
>  Ya, read the code comments :)  I'm going to ping some Sun opengl
> people about this sometime this week.

That'd be great to have them on-board.. I have both an sb2k+XVR-1000 and
an sb150+XVR-600 but any other coder/debugger/tester will be welcomed.. :)

Regards,

Vincent