quake3 on Solaris x86

darkshark atnight darksharkster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 05:59:51 EST 2005

Hi folks,
  I'm trying to get quake3 on solaris x86, specifically running on
SolarisExpress.  Everything
  compiles, but then running it fails to start OpenGL.  It seems that
the the qgl* function
  pointers aren't pointing to the correct addresses of the gl* functions.

 Some details:
    OpenGL version is Mesa (io quake2 compiles and runs on same system).
    Using the quake2 source base as a reference, since theres a lot of
common code there.
    I've got solaris_qgl.c and solaris_glimp.c done, which are really
linux_*.c with a bunch
    of #def's.

 More details at:
   http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/smg?entry=getting_there_with_quake3_on

  I'm trying to get this port done on x86 platform.  Will be using the
  nVidia opengl drivers later on another box, once I get these problems sorted.

   Any help would really
 be appreciated.
Regards,
Sean.