[quake2] Quake 0.16 rc2...

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at gmx.de
Fri Sep 24 20:40:41 EDT 2004

brendanburns at comcast.net wrote:
> Thanks for the patch, sorry it didn't make it in previously...
> I've incorporated everything except the libGL.so -> libGL.so.1.
> If someone really wants that change, they can send in the
> gl_driver cvar on the command line.

Well, that can be said the other way around as well. Loading
libGL.so is wrong and has always been wrong. libGL.so is only used
when linking programs and may not be present on non-developer
systems. It may also point to a different, binary incompatible
libGL in the furture. At runtime you have to load libGL.so.1.

cu
Ludwig

(o_  Ludwig.Nussel at gmx.de
//\  PGP Key ID: FF8135CE