[quake2] Quake 0.16 rc2...

Brendan Burns brendanburns at comcast.net
Sat Sep 25 10:15:53 EDT 2004

Hmm is that true?
I have to admit to a certain amount of ignorance when it comes to this
stuff, but my understanding was:

	libFoo.so = most generic shared (eg dynamically linked) library
	libFoo.so.1 = version 1 of said library
	libFoo.a = the version of the library for static linking.

In fact on most systems libGL.so is a symbolic pointer to a specific
libGL.so.x.y.

For example on my Fedora 2 system at work:

-bash-2.05b$ ls -l /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 27 Aug 24 10:22 /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so ->
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2

So I think loading libGL.so is the most generic thing to do.

--brendan