Build system idea

Asfand Yar Qazi email at asfandyar.cjb.net
Sun Oct 3 11:09:57 EDT 2004

Could I suggest we use SCons?  Its build files are simply Python
scripts that it loads in a special way... check out their docs.

scons.sf.net

Take note that id Software uses it for Doom 3 Linux :-)

I'd also suggest that instead of specifying the names of all
files in the SConstruct file (yep, that's what they're called) we
use 'find' (or the equivalent Python functionality) to
automatically generate a list of files that need to be compiled.

p.s. I hope everybody isn't dead - I'm getting worried at how
suddenly the messages stopped!

--
http://www.it-is-truth.org/