[quake2] Quake 2 segfault

Pedro Almeida niker at netvisao.pt
Tue Jul 1 06:33:56 EDT 2003

Marco, remember this is q2max, it's a bit different from id's quake2, as
I noticed yesterday :)

Joshua Barney's tip for using glx driver was absolutely correct, still
it remains kind of a mistery why using the software renderer causes
quake to segfault :)) try it too!!

in my case:

$ artsdsp -m ./quake2 -set vid_ref glx

don't mind the artsdsp, I just have a sucky sound board <:) it is surely
not the cause for the segfault. and to answer Brandan - yes, games using
SDL opengl and glx, like quake3(glx) or armagetron(SDL) work flawlessly.

Thank you for everything, and keep up the great work :)

--Pedro