[q2x] DORIS: Mapping mouse to normalized device coordiantes

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Mon Apr 12 18:55:38 EDT 2004

> As you can see from the pretty scrappy examples I supply with
> Doris, it hasn't been used that extensively.

That's fine, you now have a user and you'll have to suffer the
repercussions =)

> I've been thinking of a second generation Doris for some time. This
> would be OpenGL (gfx) + SDL (input/hw/sound/timing) + GLUI (GUI) +
> ODE (Physics/collision). This might make a nice little game
> prototyping system.

Yes, except with that much of a mish-mash of different systems, it
gets to be ugly and hard to integrate.  SDL and GLUI would conflict
with each other since the latter depends on GLUT which in turn tries
to take over the whole system.

I can easily see a slow update of GLUI which removes GLUT in favor of
SDL however (and uses SDL for OpenGL access as well).

Brian