[q2x] DORIS: Mapping mouse to normalized device coordiantes

Nick Trout nicktrout at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 12 16:31:59 EDT 2004

From: "Brian Hook"
> The mouse coordinates returned in the mouse callback are in screen
coordinates, but I don't see a clean way to convert those back to
normalized device coordinates.
> This is a pretty significant limitation, not sure the best way to
address it.

As you can see from the pretty scrappy examples I supply with Doris, it
hasn't been used that extensively. If you describe clearly features you
would like to see (which don't take hours!) then I can add them for you. I
am not a graphics guru, although I can get by with plenty of reference
material (my background is in tools, gameplay, management, etc). Doris was
really a test to learn how to bind a relatively complicated interface to Lua
to learn both about binding and Lua. I haven't used Doris on any significant
projects. Hopefully this will give you an idea where Doris "is". :)

I've been thinking of a second generation Doris for some time. This would be
OpenGL (gfx) + SDL (input/hw/sound/timing) + GLUI (GUI) + ODE
(Physics/collision). This might make a nice little game prototyping system.

Nick