[q2x] DORIS

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Thu Apr 8 20:50:49 EDT 2004

> Ha! That's really funny, I was going to tag Doris on the end of the
> list of Windows tools, but I thought you were looking for one with
> native widgets.

The problem, from marketing, is that you're conflating all kinds of
stuff under the Doris name.  I thought "Doris" for the longest time
was just "Windows binaries" because every time I saw it mentioned it
was usually you posting something like "BTW, the latest Windows
binaries are available at the Doris sf site".  I didn't realize that
doris was, by itself, a separate package.

> Mmmm, I too saw the build system for IUP and steered away :)

Someone was helping me off list get it up and running, but now that I
have Doris, screw it, I'm rm -rf'ing IUP and CD.  They're fucking
disasters.

> Yep, I can upgrade it.

Please do so, but for now I'm dorking around with it and will let you
know what I think.  The build system might could use some cleanup
(e.g. you hardcode some paths like \libs\glui_271_beta or whatever),
but I'm never sure the right way to handle stuff like that anyway
under Windows.

I didn't want native widgets, I just wanted (ideally) somewhat
portable widgets that worked "well enough".  Having OpenGL available
is a bonus.

> Also BTW, sorry I haven't done an awful lot of work on q2x lately.

Neither have I, no worries =) Real life has a way of interfering with
such things.

Brian