[q2x] Refactorization

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Wed Nov 12 17:50:14 EST 2003

> You'd think we'd have better tools for this these days wouldn't
> you?! Global renaming and context aware renaming etc. What are you
> using?

Find in Files in VC++ =/  I don't like using perl or sed for this
because if you screw up the regex you may have just trashed your
entire local file repository.

> couldn't add features or maintain it. If we went with the GL one
> (which lets face it GL is the new gfx baseline) we could add new
> features. I know isnt a goal of this project, but it would be nice
> to have the option.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that direction.

> Eventually, perhaps we could supply a whole new pack file with
> different assets to avoid licensing problems. We could ask some
> artists to get involved?

In fact, I believe someone is already doing this, a GPL texture pack
for Q2.  I think it's called the "Q2 retexturing project" or something
like that.

> Great. I'll try and build that sometime soon.

Cool, let me know how it goes.

Hmmm, you know what? Screw it, I'm going to toast the software
renderer.  Less crap to maintain is a Good Thing. =)

Brian