client/server versions incorrect

Nick Trout nicktrout at shaw.ca
Fri May 16 12:19:05 EDT 2003

Had a quick look at q2x this morning - now have GL version working (thanks
for header).

I get: "ERROR: Server returned version 31, not 50." So little difficult to
develop and test changes.

which comes from:

cl_main.c:327:

 // BIG HACK to let demos from release work with the 3.0x patch!!!
 if (Com_ServerState() && PROTOCOL_VERSION == 34)
 {
 }
 else if (i != PROTOCOL_VERSION)
  Com_Error (ERR_DROP,"Server returned version %i, not %i", i,
PROTOCOL_VERSION);

PROTOCOL_VERSION appears to be defined only once in qcommon.h:

#define PROTOCOL_VERSION 50

So I guess the version has some other source? Sorry only had limited time to
do this (this project is done in my spare time).

Nick