Plan of attack
nick at rockstarvancouver.com
Wed Dec 10 14:24:36 EST 2003
Brian, how complete are your changes now? Do you still have big
structural changes to make? Can I start hacking away at the Lua stuff?
I noticed yesterday some q2x files. What are these?
My initial thoughts for Lua conversion are:
* Add a global Lua state somewhere - where do you think is the best
* Try converting a single monster, e.g. "light guard" (m_solder.c?)
over to Lua. Probably need to...
* Create table ("class instance") for each monster with a tables for
sound, animation sequences etc.
* Config files create monster instance and appropriate data in monster
* AI state based so can keep current update as in
* First get m_*.c files querying Lua state for animation and sound
data, then wrap calls and move everything into Lua. i.e. make Lua API
for entity database etc.
More information about the q2x