[q2x] Plan of attack

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Wed Dec 10 14:42:13 EST 2003

> Brian, how complete are your changes now?

Well, it's in a somewhat stable state -- knock yourself out =)

> Do you still have big
> structural changes to make?

yeah, but we probably shouldn't wait for those...

> I noticed yesterday some q2x files. What are these?

Specifically which ones?

> * Add a global Lua state somewhere - where do you think is the best
> place?

Maybe the easiest first step would be to switch to Lua for the console
variables?  That's supereasy, and gets you used to the overall
structure, and gets Lua in place.

As for the global Lua state, there should probably be one for the
client and another for the server, at least for cvars...I'm not 100%
sure, I'll have to think about it some more.

Brian