[q2x] Alive

Nick Trout nick at rockstarvancouver.com
Fri Aug 8 14:13:33 EDT 2003

Io does look quite interesting and two of the principles, Steve Dekorte
and Edgar Toernig were regular contributors to the Lua list a couple of
years ago. From the look of the newsgroup/mailing list it looks like the
syntax and feature set are still in flux. Whilst it may be an
interesting future scripting language Lua may be more practical for the
purpose intended here currently.

WRT Lua GC, the trick is to try and avoid creating objects at runtime to
avoid forcing a collection. This is not vastly different from trying to
avoid dynamic memory allocation in C during frame time.

	http://lua-users.org/wiki/OptimisingGarbageCollection

It would still be wise to do this even if you had an incremental garbage
collector as work is done in the allocation, free and clean up.

Nick