[pyddr-discuss] Speed

Keiji kei at invhost.com
Sun Mar 18 17:11:02 EDT 2007

Pavel N. Krivitsky wrote:
> Keiji,
>

>> But there's one problem. For me, it's impossible to
>> play any song without using a speed modifier of at least C400,
>>

> It's been implemented, and will be available in the next release. In the
> meantime, you can check out the current development version using
> Subversion:
>
> $ svn co http://kai.vm.bytemark.co.uk/svn/pydance/trunk/pydance
>
> However, as implemented, it only has C200 and C300 modes, though other
> values can be added easily.
Okay, I installed that version, and I managed to set the mode (I
realized that the reason I couldn't get to options was because start was
mapped to enter, and enter is hard-coded to start the song. All keys
should be configurable).

But the problem now is, all my songs are desynced. The arrows are about
2 beats or so behind the music, but it's hard to tell the exact time as
it's been so long since I've played them. Maybe pydance is
ignoring/fudging the value for the song start offset that StepMania
uses? That's the only thing I can think of.