Introduction and question

George Leung gleung4 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 23:26:21 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

I am interested in taking part of the PyDance project; however, I do not
intended to work on it as a DDR simulator, but as a GitaDora simulator (aka
GuitarFreaks/Drummania), though more focus upon drummania aspect. I will be
basing this upon the algorithm and source code of PyDance, for while I know
some python, programming techniques, and have played Drummania, I do not
know how to program it in such a way.

Before I decided to put my effort into this project, I have a few question
to ask:
1) Will the PyDance team work on a drummania simulator, and if not, is there
any other team that is working upon something similar?
2) Many drummania simulator accept MIDI input from real digital drums. How
do I accept these inputs?
3) What is needed to keep this open source and kept in the Debian
package/license?

In any case, nice to meet you all, and Thanks in advance.

George.