install problem

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Fri Oct 29 10:26:47 EDT 2004

I installed pydance on a Debian Sid system, running Alsa and kernel
2.6.  When I run pydance, I get the following:

[me]# pydance
0 joystick(s) found.
Loaded input configuration.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/games/pydance", line 36, in ?
    import dance
  File "/usr/share/games/pydance/pydance.zip/dance.py", line 9, in ?
  File "/usr/share/games/pydance/pydance.zip/player.py", line 5, in ?
  File "/usr/share/games/pydance/pydance.zip/arrows.py", line 10, in ?
  File "/usr/share/games/pydance/pydance.zip/arrows.py", line 17, in AbstractArrow
pygame.error: mixer system not initialized

I can access all the usual mixers from the command line, so I don't
know why pydance is having a problem.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011