[prey] CD Key problem

DusteD lists at dusted.dk
Tue Dec 9 09:36:57 EST 2008

Cory Jon Hollingsworth skrev:

> Yep.  That's exactly the way I did the install.
>
> I highlighted and pasted the install text from the web page and replaced
> it with my wine install path.  Although it did prompt me again for the
> installation directory during the installation process which I thought was
> strange.  It looked like the installation worked fine until I ran the
> "prey" binary and the key popped up.  I tried running the install a second
> time to see if Prey would still ask for a key but I ended up with the same
> results.
>
> I still have the command in my bash recall history.  My path is a little
> different because my copy was from D2D and not Steam:
>
> ./prey-installer-12072008.bin --from-install --media
> '/home/dalek/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/2K Games/Prey/base'

I think you should search for a file called "preykey", it might be in
some prey config dir.
In the linux version the file is in ~/.prey/base/preykey
This might be something like C:\documents and settings\username\Local
Settings\something
You can do a search like:
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/
find -name preykey

Assuming that the install from D2D was completed and functioning (I
heard the win version of prey runs in wine).