[postal2mac] Postal2 Audio

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Sep 20 13:27:18 EDT 2004

> A couple of things, what version of OpenAL is this build using, just
> wondering that's all.

This is using my OpenAL; I was hesistant to swap in Apple's version at
the moment (maybe in a patch some time down the road).

Specifically, it's using the openal.dylib that shipped with Spider-Man
2, since it has some fixes for > 2 channel cards, although it is still
doing stereo output.

>  Also, when a save game is loaded or a new level
> loads, the music/ambient sounds will skip a couple of times whilst the
> screen is black. Doesn't feel like a "smooth" load or transition from
> level to level. I'm not sure whether this is deemed as a bug but it's
> not good in my opinion so I will post it to bugzilla.

Not really fixable.  :/

--ryan.