[postal2mac] First impressions

hotblack hotblack at sietchtabr.plus.com
Sun May 23 17:03:22 EDT 2004

On 23 May 2004, at 21:40, Cesar Barcenas wrote:

> I thought this was the case also, since I remember
> there was a mac specific tweak site, that recommended
> to set the value = to your vram size.

Increasing it may help (up to say 64 or 96) on a card with a large
amount of VRAM but as Ryan says, VARSize controls how
geometry data is cached in AGP memory, that is, the _Size_ of the
_Vertex Array Range_, NOT the amount of VRAM you have. If you allocate
your entire VRAM to VARSize you could have problems with other data
having to be moved around between system memory and VRAM, thus slowing
things down.
There are also some differences between how the PC and the Mac handle
AGP memory, so you cannot directly compare the two.

ben