Macologist Expert Invite to betatest teams

Robert Uyeyama uyeyama at hawaii.edu
Sat Jun 26 06:51:12 EDT 2004

During our lull before our new Postal2 IR (and in between breaks for
testing the original Postal), Ryan let me post this to the group.
((Ryan, this is the email I talked abaout; if you could forward this to
your UT2k4 and AA mac BT teams, that would be great)).

______________________________________

Greetings to the betatest team.  This is "Santaduck" from the Postal 2
Mac BT team, and the Mac staff member for the UT2k4 mod "FragOps."

With Ryan's permission, I'd like to extend an invitation to all members
of Ryan's UT-engine based mac betatest teams to join our new Mac Game
problem-solving site, Macologist: http://www.macologist.org .

Several of us from the Mac Unreal community have recently launched a
new website, forum, and FTP for mac experts who make solutions for mac
gaming issues.  We are currently working on including writing utilities
for UT2k4 (umod, uz2, or benchmarking), Applescript launchers for mods
, xCode-based utilities that create mod launchers, converting .exe
distributions to .zip or internet .dmg, or just making mods work on in
OS X.

In addition to Unreal-based games, we are expanding into other games,
such as porting editors for Halo, or converting BF1942 mods (such as
Desert Combat) from .exe to mac-compatible .zip or .dmg with dedicated
launchers.  In less than 2 weeks, our FTP has exceeded 600G of
bandwidth, and we are attracting Mac gaming experts out of the
woodwork.

This is where you come in.  As a member of Mac beta-test teams for
Unreal-based games, you are the cream of the crop in terms of ability
and dedication.  I'm sure many of us have had the experience of being
marginalized in a mostly-windows gaming world-- occasionally we 'mac
gaming experts' may work with each other, but even then usually on a
one-to-one basis.

The idea behind Macologist is to bring _everyone_ together into one
place, and to thereby achieve a critical mass of connected skills:
things simply get done *fast*, and we all learn from each other.  With
the release of mods from MSU, as well as the coming release of BF1942,
the timing couldn't be better.

Please come register at Macologist forums, and when you introduce
yourself and identify yourself as a member of a BT team, I will add you
as a "Tester" so you can post and reply in our Projects-in-progress
forum.

Sincerely yours,
Rob "Santaduck" Uyeyama
http://www.santaduck.com/