[physfs] Physfs not seeing a file in zip archive

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Tue Apr 8 22:15:21 EDT 2014

On 04/08/2014 07:02 AM, Tim Čas wrote:
> Could you provide a test .zip file for the bug still popping up?
>
> I'd like to test this with miniz (a PD single-C-file zip-loading
> library) -- if that also fails to find the file(s), it means it's
> missing some (possibly obscure) zip feature; if that succeeds in
> finding the file, then it's something else.

It's more likely a bug in PhysicsFS's zip_find_entry() or
zip_find_start_of_dir(). The way we manage this is really awful, and
fixing it for one case like this breaks it for another, when the real
solution is to rip out these functions and replace them with something
better.

I just need to find some time to do it.