[physfs] PhysFS C++ Wrapper

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Mon Jul 19 20:19:00 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 08:50 +0200, Christoph Nelles wrote:
> Hi,

Hey Chris.

> The implementation from supertux has the most important feature: It's
> tested and known to work (at least for supertux ;)). I just looked
> (~60sec) over the code and it's much smaller than my implementation,
> don't know if it's good (simplicity) or bad (missing functionality?).

That's helpful to know. The non-SuperTux implementation looks newer, but
as you say, supertux has probably been tested more rigorously.

> I had really problems implementing the ios stuff even after reading many
> sites (especially http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iostream/), guides
> and even books. The thing is, in the supertux implementation is the
> basic stuff (overflow, underflow, sync) every guide teaches, perhaps
> only these parts are really needed, but i think it's not complete.
> Haven't seen anything related to this stupid putback buffer.

Fair enough. Unless anyone has anything else to add, I think I will end
up going with the SuperTux implementation.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred